When you visit Growing Moorabool's website, you do so of your own undertaking.
We log your IP address (the internet address of your computer), the date and time of your visit to the site, the pages accessed and documents downloaded, the previous site visited and the type of material perused. We do not link you to any material personally identifiable or add your email address to any database unless you specifically request to be included on our email list or email us via the contact us page.
Unless required by law, we will not use any personal information submitted via our website for any other purpose, and will not disclose such information to a third party without your consent.
This statement does not extend beyond Moorabool Shire Council so when following a link from this website you are not protected by this statement.
By using this site Moorabool Shire Council assumes that you agree with this policy. If you do not fully accept the conditions, please do not use this site. Moorabool Shire Council reserves the right to alter and or amend this policy whensoever and howsoever without notice and recommends that this page be checked as there may be periodic changes. Your continued use of the site following the posting of alterations to these conditions indicates your acceptance of any alterations.
When a user provides information of a personal nature, for instance, when completing the contact form, Moorabool Shire Council:
- Does not collect any unnecessary information, nor distribute the information
- externally without the user's knowledge or consent, nor collect any information
- without the user's knowledge or consent.
- Attempts to store information as securely as possible and does not allow access to this information by external parties unless required by law (for example, if the information is subject to a warrant or subpoena).
- Any information collected is used solely by authorised Moorabool Shire Council staff for the purposes of:
- Analysing the effectiveness of the website to improve its usefulness and service;
- Processing electronic transactions; Checking and registering of companies for Moorabool Shire Council events and/or services; and/or Processing a request or feedback by a user.
Moorabool Shire Council staff who operate the website, or have access to any user information related to it, are subject to the Australian Privacy Act 1988.
Need to know more?
More information regarding your privacy rights as a consumer can be found at The Office of the Federal Privacy Commissioner website